Date: 17th January 2018
Law Society of Scotland
144 Morrison Street
In 2013, we launched our career mentoring scheme for students, trainees and solicitors as part of our professional support for solicitors. Now in its fourth year, the scheme has grown from strength to strength, and currently has over 60 active mentors.
While a mentoring relationship is first and foremost to benefit the mentee, as a mentor you have just as much to gain in experience, confidence, and knowledge.
We have partnered with Quiver Management, a European Quality Awarded coaching and mentoring organisation, to deliver a one day mentor training session that all our mentors must complete before being 'matched' with a mentee.
During this training you will learn:
- The mind-set and approach of a mentor
- Constructive listening techniques and effective questioning techniques
- A framework for effective mentoring conversations
- How to share your experience and give feedback
- How to prepare for mentoring conversations
- How to end the mentoring relationship
- Other support available for mentees