Date: 20th February 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:10
Law Society of Scotland
144 Morrison Street
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesJoin us for a comprehensive update and practical guidance on a variety of key developments related to most areas of personal injury work.
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
Join us in Edinburgh this winter for comprehensive updates and practical guidance on a variety of key developments related to complex areas of personal injury work.
Our expert speakers with both pursuer and defender expertise will discuss the latest updates around costs and funding, update you on the recent key cases and decisions, and offer practical tips and guidance around case management. We will also explore the many emerging issues around expert evidence, and ‘compulsory’ alternative dispute resolution.
The programme will give you the opportunity to network with peers and colleagues, and to ask questions to our speakers on matters affecting your practice.
Are you a solicitor who specialises in Personal Injury law and would like to develop your career and marketing in this area? If so you may want to think about applying to become an Law Society of Scotland accredited specialist. To find out more see Accredited Specialisms.
By attending this conference, you will:
- Hear about the changes introduced by the Civil Litigation (Expenses and Group Proceedings) (Scotland) Act 2018, and the Damages (Investment Returns and Periodical Payments) (Scotland) Act 2019, and their practical implications for your work
- Discuss the key cases of 2019, and the take-away points for both pursuers and defenders
- Get expert updates and practical guidance the on the case management of PI actions under Chapter 42A of the Rules of the Court of Session
- Increase your understanding of the key issues around expert evidence
- Hear about the latest developments about pre-action protocols, and the use of ADR in PI cases.
- Robert Milligan QC, Compass Chambers
- Angela Grahame QC, Compass Chambers
- Trish McFadden, Associate, Digby Brown
- Duncan Batchelor, Partner, Clyde & Co (Scotland) LLP
- Moira Kay, Partner, Digby Brown
- Kate Donachie, Managing Associate, Brodies LLP
- Clare Crawford, Senior Associate (Solicitor Advocate), Kennedys Scotland
- David Wilson, Partner, Digby Brown
- David Armstrong, Partner and Head of Personal Injury team, Lindsays
- Jim Herd, Accredited specialist in Personal Injury Law, Senior Associate, Morton Fraser LLP
- James Flett, Chairman, Alex Quinn & Partners Ltd