Date: 23rd April 2019
Time: 08:30 - 12:30
Law Society of Scotland
Atria One, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EX, United Kingdom
CPD Hours: 3hoursThis half-day workshop will examine the key principles, techniques and skills of effective delegation.
No leader can do everything themselves on a sustainable basis. And if all the interesting work is kept at the top, how will others feel about that and how will they develop?
This half-day programme will cover the following aspect of delegation:
- Delegation as a core tool of leadership
- The mindset for delegation
- Techniques for delegating effectively
- Refining the process – creating a feedback loop
Attend this course to get a brief on the theory and learn from case studies, exercises and peers on how to delegate effectively in practice.
We are delighted to be joined by guest speaker Stephen Gibb, Chief Executive, Shepherd and Wedderburn, who will share insights from his experiences.
- Overcoming the barriers to effective delegation
- What to delegate in their leadership role and to whom
- How best to delegate depending on the task and people involved
- Practical insights from case studies and other delegates’ experiences
The course facilitators are Russell Borland and Thomas Chalmers, partners of Leading Figures, a UK-wide coaching and consulting firm focussing on the finance and professional services sectors.
Russell and Thomas are experienced facilitators and coaches. They support leaders and their teams, and both have experience of running businesses.