CPD Hours: 6hours
6 hours verifiable CPD
Hear from private client experts to explore the latest developments and challenges in wills, trusts, tax, and executries practice.
The programme is designed to efficiently cover a variety of relevant updates including tax in succession planning; challenges posed by an increasing reliance on digital technology; dealing with cross-jurisdiction and international assets; contentious trusts and executries and many more. Our expert speakers will guide you on these issues, supporting you to stay abreast of current issues and share insights of more specialised practice points throughout the day.
- Learn about developments in the Scottish law of succession
- Gain insights into the practical challenges and legal issues posed by digital communication
- Refresh your knowledge of the use of trusts and tax developments in succession and estate planning
- Understand the key challenges and recent cases around contentious trusts and executries
- Get top-tips from experts on the aspects to keep in mind when dealing with cross-border assets
Are you a solicitor who specialises in Trusts law or Private Client Tax Law and would like to develop your career in either of these areas? If so you may want to think about applying to become a Law Society of Scotland accredited specialist. To find out more see Accredited Specialism.
"Varied and interesting conference. Content different from the more predictable private client course content"
"It was an interesting, diverse and well presented conference with some of the top minds in the private client world"
"Good pace and turnover of presentations to keep our interest"
"Excellent conference, speakers and topics. Would highly recommend"