A Bill to authorise expenditure for certain agricultural and other purposes; to make provision about direct payments following the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union and about payments in response to exceptional market conditions affecting agricultural markets; to confer power to modify retained direct EU legislation relating to agricultural and rural development payments and public market intervention and private storage aid; to make provision about reports on food security; to make provision about the acquisition and use of information connected with food supply chains; to confer powers to make regulations about the imposition of obligations on business purchasers of agricultural products, marketing standards, organic products and the classification of carcasses; to make provision for the recognition of associations of agricultural producers which may benefit from certain exemptions from competition law; to make provision about fertilisers; to make provision about the identification and traceability of animals; to make provision about red meat levy in Great Britain; to make provision about agricultural tenancies; to confer power to make regulations about securing compliance with the WTO Agreement on Agriculture; and for connected purposes.
This Bill was introduced to the UK Parliament on 16 January.
- View the Bill on the UK Parliament website
- Read our briefing sent out ahead of the second reading on Monday 3 February 2020
- See our amendments with effects and reasons, sent to the Public Bill Committee
- Read our written evidence submitted to the Public Bill Committee
- See our amendments with effects and reasons sent out ahead of the committee report stage