The Recovery Advice for Business scheme, is a UK-wide effort to help thousands of small business owners to recover from the impact of Coronavirus through expert advice.
The scheme is a partnership between the Professional and Business Services Sector and Enterprise Nation, supported by the UK’s Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, The Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway, The Welsh Government, and Business Wales.
Professional bodies are mobilising experts in their sector to offer one-hour free calls to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) who need advice on topics from accounting to advertising, HR and legal affairs. Enterprise Nation is providing free access to its platform until 31 December 2020 to enable SMEs to connect with a community of business advisers volunteering to help them overcome this challenging period.
“Paul Mosson, our Executive Director of Member Services and Engagement, said, "The Coronavirus crisis has had a devastating impact on many businesses across the country and beyond - legal firms are amongst those badly affected. Our members have a long history of helping their community and civic society, so we understand that despite challenges within their own firms, many Scottish Solicitors may want and be in a position to support others within and outside their own business areas, as they recover.
"As the professional body for Scottish solicitors, we are therefore making our members aware of the opportunity to get involved with the Recovery Advice for Business scheme by offering free support and advice to help small businesses. We in turn would expect this to be a mutually rewarding opportunity to demonstrate the integrity and value of their professional skills and meet new clients for the future."
To take part in this campaign, advisers will need to create a profile on Enterprise Nation and set up tags based on their industry and specialisms (e.g. legal advice) in order that they appear in the search results of SMEs . The process for advisers to join the platform and register as an adviser as part of the Recovery Advice for Business scheme is outlined below.
- Your Law Society of Scotland member coupon code is quoted in your 24 September issue of Lawscot News. If you are having difficultry accessing the code, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Enterprise Nation Coupon code in the subject line and we will send you your coupon code
- Register as a Business Adviser volunteer by completing this form and entering your coupon code. This will allow you to sign up as part of the programme, for free membership, for the duration of the programme to the end December 2020.
- Once registered, you will be directed to your personal dashboard where you will be able to edit your profile and upload your Professional Indemnity insurance information.
- You will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to optimise your profile. You can upload profile information including: a headshot image, short bio, company profile, website and social media, and list business services. You can view an example profile on the Enterprise Nation website.
- Add the appropriate tags for your business to ensure your profile appears in searches and across these areas, e.g. as a lawyer you would tag ‘Legal’.
- You will be seen in search results across Enterprise Nation and under ‘Get Connected’.