If you are a member of the public looking for a solicitor, our Find a Solicitor tool offers a simple way to find a solicitor working near you who may be able to help.
You may also be able to find the answer to your question on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you need to make a payment to us, please contact our finance or member registration teams via email (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com) for bank details or to make arrangements for credit or debit card payments.
If you’re expecting an email from us and have not received it, please check your junk/spam folder for the email. To help ensure you receive our emails please remove any junk/spam filters on emails from the Law Society of Scotland and add '@lawscot.org.uk' email addresses to your Safe Senders list.
Our Reasonable adjustments policy sets out how our staff and volunteers should facilitate access and equal opportunities for those we serve as the professional body and regulator for Scottish solicitors.
If you’re looking to speak to one of our other teams we've listed useful contacts below.
Education, including traineeship matters
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like someone to call you to discuss please include your telephone number in your initial email.
- Visit the qualifying and education pages.
If you have any queries relating to a staff vacancy, please reach out to a member of our HR team who will be happy to help or email the team at email@example.com.
Professional Conduct Team
For solicitors and members of the public who have current conduct complaints being considered by the Society only.
Please note that we cannot take complaints directly. In the first instance, all complaints should be made to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (SLCC) as the gateway for complaints against solicitors in Scotland.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 476 8168 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
Contact Peter at email@example.com
For any advertising enquiries please contact Elliot Whitehead.
Contact Elliot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 476 8166 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
- Visit the 'Member benefits' pages
- Telephone: 0131 476 8195 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
Client Protection Fund
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 476 8177 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
- Visit the 'Client Protection Fund' page
Legal aid and access to justice
For solicitors only
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 226 8886 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
Our For the Public section on the website provides information about what solicitors can do for you and the protections that are in place for clients, including what to do if you wish to raise a complaint about a Scottish solicitor.
To find a solicitor based on location or area of legal work, please use our Find a Solicitor search tool.
You can also check our Frequently Asked Questions section for additional information.
Please note, we do not offer an in person service, so if you do require further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Law Society news section gives you access to our recent press releases and statements.
The communications team can help with your press enquiries about the Law Society and the law and legal system in Scotland, and can provide quotes and articles from legal experts and photos of our key spokespeople.
Simon Frazer – Communications Manager
- Email: SimonFrazer@lawscot.org.uk
Out of hours press and media
For out of hours press enquiries, please call 0131 226 7411 for an on-call mobile number.
Our company page: www.linkedin.com/organization/407513/
Our LinkedIn groups:
- Law Society of Scotland
- Lawscot new lawyers
- Lawscot in-house lawyers
- Lawscot sole practitioners
- Lawscot members outside Scotland
- Lawscot legal aid
- Lawscot registered paralegals
- Telephone: 0131 226 7411
- Textphone: 0131 476 8359
- Fax: 0131 225 2934
DX address: DX ED 1, EDINBURGH