We're open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and there are lots of ways to get in touch.
If you're looking for a solicitor, you can use our Find a Solicitor tool and we've listed useful phone numbers, email addresses and postal addresses below.
For solicitors and accredited paralegals only
- Telephone: 0131 476 8111
Pastoral care helpline
- 0131 476 8111
- Telephone: 0131 476 8123
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit the 'becoming a specialist' page
- Telephone: 0131 476 8195
Client Protection Fund
- Telephone: 0131 476 8177
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the 'client protection fund' page
Legal aid and access to justice
For solicitors only
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 226 8886
- General Queries - 0131 226 7411 (option 3)
- Careers helpline - 0131 476 8203
- Trainee helpline – 0131 476 8162
- University accreditation - 0131 226 8880
- Education and training policy - 0131 226 8882
Our news page gives you access to all of our recent press releases and statements.
The communications team can help with your press enquiries about the Law Society and the law and legal system in Scotland, and can provide quotes and articles from legal experts and photos of our key spokespeople:
Valerie McEwan - Media and communications manager
- Email: ValerieMcEwan@lawscot.org.uk
- Telephone: 0131 226 8884
Cathy Uttley - Communications executive
- Email: CathyUttley@lawscot.org.uk
- Telephone: 0131 476 8170
Out of hours press and media
For out of hours press enquiries, please call 0131 226 7411 for an on-call mobile number.
Our company page: www.linkedin.com/organization/407513/
Our LinkedIn groups:
- Law Society of Scotland
- Lawscot new lawyers
- Lawscot in-house lawyers
- Lawscot sole practitioners
- Lawscot members outside Scotland
- Lawscot legal aid
- Lawscot registered paralegals
- Textphone: 0131 476 8359
- Fax: 0131 225 2934
DX address: DX ED 1, EDINBURGH
The nearest carparks to our office at Atria One are the Sheraton hotel carpark (accessed via the West Approach road), Castle Terrace and Semple Street.
Information about these and other Edinburgh car parks can be found here: http://edinburgh.cdmf.info/public/carparks/list.htm
There are also multiple Park and Ride options outside the city centre: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/parkandride
The closest car parks are listed below with links to their location.