During the current coronavirus outbreak we have put in place robust plans to ensure we can continue to provide as broad a range of services and activities as possible while maintaining the safety of our colleagues and customers.
In line with national guidance issued by the UK and Scottish governments we have introduced remote working for staff wherever possible. This means that email will be the simplest method of contact for most of our teams and landline numbers may be forwarded to a mobile phone for a response.
If you're looking for a solicitor, remember our Find a Solicitor tool offers a simple way to find a solicitor working near you who may be able to help. You may also be able to find the answer to your question on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you’re looking to speak to one of our other teams we've listed useful contacts below.
Professional Conduct Team
For solicitors and members of the public who have current conduct complaints being considered by the Society only. Please note we cannnot take complaints directly. In the first instance all complaints should be made to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (SLCC) as the gateway for complaints against solicitors in Scotland.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 476 8168 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 476 8166 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
- Visit the 'member benefits' pages
- Telephone: 0131 476 8195 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
Client Protection Fund
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 476 8177 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
- Visit the 'client protection fund' page
Legal aid and access to justice
For solicitors only
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 226 8886 (please be aware that this phone will forward to a mobile number at this time)
Our news page gives you access to all of our recent press releases and statements.
The communications team can help with your press enquiries about the Law Society and the law and legal system in Scotland, and can provide quotes and articles from legal experts and photos of our key spokespeople:
Valerie McEwan - Media and communications manager
- Email: ValerieMcEwan@lawscot.org.uk
Cathy Uttley - Communications executive
- Email: CathyUttley@lawscot.org.uk
Out of hours press and media
For out of hours press enquiries, please call 0131 226 7411 for an on-call mobile number.
Our company page: www.linkedin.com/organization/407513/
Our LinkedIn groups:
- Law Society of Scotland
- Lawscot new lawyers
- Lawscot in-house lawyers
- Lawscot sole practitioners
- Lawscot members outside Scotland
- Lawscot legal aid
- Lawscot registered paralegals
- Telephone: 0131 226 7411
- Email: email@example.com
- Textphone: 0131 476 8359
- Fax: 0131 225 2934
DX address: DX ED 1, EDINBURGH