In early 2020 some changes and new functionality will become available in the online tax collection system (SETS). These changes and new functionality are collectively described as ‘Phase 2’ of the SETS Upgrade.
Introduction of this important system update will require a short period of downtime. The SETS system will be unavailable to all users on Tuesday 28 January from 8am–5pm.
Changes and new functionality
Some important changes and new functionality will be introduced to the SETS portal early in 2020.
- the return submission receipt will be available at any time for download, print or saving locally
- the ability to delete draft returns will be introduced
- the ability to search by agent reference will be introduced
- there will be enhanced validation on reliefs
- there will be links out to help and guidance online – ‘how to’ and legislative guidance
In order to allow these important updates and enhancements, to the online tax collection system, SETS will be unavailable to all users on Tuesday 28 January from 8am–5pm.
Revenue Scotland and Registers of Scotland are working together to minimise any disruption to the registration process during this planned SETS update and recognise the concerns that any period of downtime will cause, particularly around the potential delay of section 43 and other validation checks.
Please check the ‘SETS Upgrade’ page on the Revenue Scotland website for further information.