We are tendering for external audit services for the year ending 31 October 2018. The external audit tender covers the following five entities:
- The Law Society of Scotland (legal entity established by statute)
- The Law Society of Scotland (Services) Limited ( 100%-owned subsidiary company, consolidated accounts prepared)
- The Scottish Solicitors’ Guarantee Fund (separate legal entity established by statute)
- The Scottish Solicitors’ Benevolent Fund (a charity)
- The Law Society of Scotland Educational Foundation (a charity)
Each entity operates independently and reports directly to its own board or committee on financial and governance matters. As part of our overall Financial Management approach we wish to jointly procure external audit services for all entities.
The closing date for tenders is noon on Friday 3 November 2017. Tenders should be submitted in pdf form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We then plan to interview short- listed candidates at our offices on Friday 10 Novemberwith a view to making a recommendation to our Audit Committee.
Any appointment will need be approved by our members at the Law Society Annual General Meeting, which is likely to be held in May 2018.