There is no access to our offices for external visitors currently as part of measures to manage the coronavirus outbreak. Please visit the Contact Us page of our website for details of how to contact our teams during this period.
Our offices lie a short distance from Princes Street, the West End and Haymarket and are easily accessible by car, taxi, bus or coach. Car parks are within a 5 to 10 minute walk.
From Haymarket Station
On foot, exit towards Morrison Street. Follow signs for the EICC (Edinburgh International Conference Centre) which is at the top of Morrison Street. Atria One is situated two buildings after you reach the EICC.
From Waverley Station
On foot, from Waverley take the exit for Princes Street and turn left. Walk west towards the Waldorf Astoria Hotel for approximately half-a-mile. Turn left onto Lothian Road when you reach the end of Princes Street. Follow on Lothian Road until you reach the Odeon Cinema on your right hand side. Turn right on to Morrison Street and you will find Atria One approximately a quarter of a mile down the street on your right hand side.
By bus or coach
Edinburgh's bus station is situated at St Andrew Square, towards the east end of Princes Street. Our offices are a five-minute taxi journey or a 25-minute walk from there.
There is a private car park on level -3 of Atria One accommodating 2 clear car parking spaces for authorised Law Society officials; this car park is not available for the general public. A car lift fob is required to utilise this car park.
There is no on-street pay and display car parking available for visitors off site in the immediate vicinity. There are 5 car parks within a 5-10 minute walk:
- Sheraton Hotel Car Park
- Castle Terrace Car Park (NCP)
- Edinburgh Quay Car Park (Britannia Parking Limited)
- Semple Street Car Park (Britannia Parking Limited)
- Princes Exchange Car Park (Bank of Scotland)
You can find more details about the nearest car parks and a location map on our 'contact us' page.
The front and back public entrance is accessible on ground level. From both entrances there are stairs and multiple lifts available. There is an intercom call facility which is located at the entrance of our floor which leads to the reception area. Please note all visitors entering via Conference Square will be directed to the Morrison Street reception. There are speed gates at the front and back entrances; however there is a gate available to allow wheelchair access.
After gaining access to the Atria One building, the Law Society of Scotland is located on Level 2. Level 2 is accessible by either stairs or lifts. Our office is situated on one level.
The reception desk is located adjacent to the outer front hall on level 2. All visitors should report here for advice on direction. A text phone and hearing loop is available.
There are two ladies toilets, two gents toilets, two disabled toilets and a shower room available on level 2. The building holds ownership for all toilets within Atria One, with all toilets accessible on any floor.
Our client kitchen provides catering services to our meeting rooms. Amenities include microwave, 2 dishwashers and a hot/cold zip tap.
All seven meeting rooms can be set up with the provision of hot and cold drinks and biscuits on request. All meeting rooms are accessible to wheelchair users once on level 2. An accessible toilet is available at the front and back of Level 2.
If you require this document in an alternative format (e.g. large print) please contact the Central Operations department
Write to Atria One, Level 2, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EX
Telephone: 0131 226 7411
Text phone users: 0131 476 8359
Symbols used in this building
Signage symbols follow the international symbol of access, but may include additional symbols to indicate specific access provision or hearing.
This report gives an overview of the site facilities and concentrates on access provisions for those with protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
Law Society of Scotland Charter
You can expect to find the following facilities and services in our buildings:
- Reception area and information points that are clearly marked
- Clear signs in place to help you find your way around our floor
- Information on legal business that is easily accessible or prominently displayed
- Clean and comfortable accommodation
- Reading material in reception area
- If you have hearing difficulties we can arrange for you to access sound enhancement facilities
- If you have a physical disability, we have either provided, or will make provision for appropriate access to meeting rooms and the building
- Should you have any other personal requirements, not mentioned above, we will consider all reasonable requests and take all practical steps to meet them.
Minimum Requirements for disabled access
The minimum standards for access by disabled members of the general public are:
- The ability to gain entry to our buildings
- The ability to gain access to at least one meeting room
- Access accessible toilet facilities will be provided
- Sound enhancement in at least one room, for those with hearing aids.