Clients who would like advice on whether they have a valid claim can consult a member of the Pursuers' Panel, which consists of eight solicitors with expertise in dealing with professional negligence claims against other solicitors. The panel assists members of the public with advice about potential claims for negligence and will also pursue well-founded claims on their behalf.
The panel consists of eight solicitors selected by the Law Society on the basis of their expertise in dealing with professional negligence claims to assist members of the public with advice about negligence claims against solicitors and, where appropriate, to assist solicitors already advising members of the public in connection with the handling of negligence claims against other solicitors.
Each member of the panel is available to deal with negligence claims against other solicitors on an individual basis. However, where a claimant is already represented by a solicitor in relation to a negligence claim against another solicitor, members of the panel will not provide advice to or act for that claimant, unless the existing solicitor refers the matter to a member of the panel. It should be emphasised that members of the panel are happy to receive referrals from other solicitors, either to handle the whole claim, or to assist with advice in relation to any aspect of a claim
The eight Scottish solicitors on the panel are:
- Address: A & W M Urquhart, 16 Heriot Row, Edinburgh, EH3 6HR
- Telephone: 0131 556 2896
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Thorley Stephenson, 20 Hopetoun Street, Edinburgh, EH7 4GH
- Telephone: 0131 556 9599
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Balfour+Manson LLP, 54-66 Frederick Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1LS
- Telephone: 0131 516 8954
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Morisons LLP, 1 Exchange Crescent, Conference Square, Edinburgh, EH3 8AN
- Telephone: 0131 226 6541
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Raeburn Christie Clark & Wallace, 12-16 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1PS
- Telephone: 01224 332400
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: TLT LLP, 140 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 2HG
- Telephone: 0333 00 61397 / 07500 952 850
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Jones Whyte LLP, Third Floor, The Connect Building, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH
- Telephone: 0141 375 1222
- Email: email@example.com
Timothy J Edward
- Address: Dentons UK and Middle East LLP, Quartermile One, 15 Lauriston Place, EH3 9EP
- Telephone: 0330 222 0050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each member of the panel can be contacted through their own individual firms whose telephone numbers are given. The panel members are not employed by the Society and are independent of the Society.
Yes, all members of the panel will charge professional fees although some members of the panel will provide advice under the civil legal aid advice and assistance scheme where it applies. However, there may be difficulties in obtaining legal aid for such advisory work from the Scottish Legal Aid Board.