We collect and pay the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (SLCC) levy in terms of section 27 of the Legal Profession and Legal Aid Act (Scotland) 2007, on behalf of all solicitors holding practising certificates and conveyancing and executry practitioners.
This fee is collected in May and due no later than 30 June in any given year.
The SLCC levies for 2017 are:
- Full practising certificate holders - £356
- Half rate (in first three years of practice) - £178
- Solicitors not in private practice (including unemployed) - £107
- Solicitors practising outwith Scotland - £116
Conveyancing and executry practitioners
- Full rate £356
- Half rate (in first three years of practice) £178
- In-house £107