We collect and pay the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (SLCC) levy in terms of section 27 of the Legal Profession and Legal Aid Act (Scotland) 2007, on behalf of all solicitors holding practising certificates and conveyancing and executry practitioners.
This fee is collected in May and due no later than 30 June in any given year.
The SLCC levies for 2019 are:
- Private practice solicitors +3 years PQE - principals/managers - £475
- Private practice solicitors +3 years PQE - employed - £386
- Solicitors in first 3 years in private practice - £193
- Solicitors not in private practice (including unemployed) - £116
- Solicitors practising outwith Scotland - £126
Conveyancing and executry practitioners
- Private practice - £386
- In-house - £116