The In-house Lawyers Committee (ILC) is delighted to kick off 2017 with the appointment of new members.
Following a recruitment round last year, the ILC has appointed five new members. They are:
- David Boag – Solicitor at Glasgow City Council
- David Bryson – Legal Counsel at Baillie Gifford & Co
- Thembe McInnes – Legal Manager at Whyte and Mackay Ltd
- Norma Shippin – Legal Adviser and Director at Central Legal Office, NHS
- Vladimir Valiente – Principal Solicitor at Midlothian Council
ILC Convener, Graeme McWilliams, said: “I would like to warmly welcome aboard our fabulous five new ILC members. I am really looking forward to working with them throughout 2017 and beyond.”
The ILC is a very active committee of the Law Society, which aims to:
- Engage with in-house solicitors and trainees, ensuring the Law Society understands and serves their professional needs.
- Promote the interests and status of in-house solicitors and trainees.
- Encourage and assist in the development of better training of solicitors and trainees working in-house.
- Promote the value of employing in-house solicitors and trainees to organisations which do not currently employ them.
Full details of all current ILC members can be found here. Our committee members would be interested to hear from members of the in-house community about any issues facing them in their particular sector; with ideas for future initiatives, events or features; or if they simply want to make a connection. Please contact any member of the committee via Beth Anderson, Secretary to the ILC.