We offer a comprehensive pay and benefits package to support our colleagues’ professional and personal needs. Our package includes generous annual leave, flexi-time and a competitive pension provision.
- competitive salary
- 35-hour week - our standard operating hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- contributory group personal pension plan with generous employer contributions
- financial assistance towards relevant studies (criteria apply)
- employee discount scheme
- flexi-time system allowing you to adjust your hours of work (not applicable for some posts)
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after five years' service
- nine public holidays
- enhanced payment for family friendly policies after two years' service
- Employee Assistance Programme (offering confidential counselling and information services)
- childcare voucher scheme
- free life assurance scheme
- interest-free travel loan facility
- bike-to-work scheme
- generous sick pay scheme
We believe that all our colleagues have the potential to grow, both in their work role and personally, and we endeavour to provide opportunities for this growth.
We offer a variety of training opportunities and encourage our colleagues to develop their skills and improve performance through the following:
These programmes include instructor-led or web based courses that provide:
- Technical training
- Specialised training to develop the skills that our employees require for their job
- Compliance based training
- People management training
- Health & Safety related training
We encourage our colleagues to pursue continuous professional development and where appropriate to gain further qualifications. To support our colleagues in achieving a professional or academic qualification we provide study leave and financial help through our sponsored training programme.
We will support courses of study such as the Higher National Certificate, Higher National Diplomas, Masters and professional qualifications.
We believe that our awards are testament to our professional, hardworking and committed colleagues. Here are some of our achievements:
- We are committed to being a Living Wage employer
- Scotland's Best Employer Awards - Winner 'not-for-profit/public sector employer of the year' 2015
- Investors in People Silver Accreditation
- Investors in Young People Award
- Healthy Working Lives Award – Gold
We are proud to have been awarded the Silver Accreditation from IIP in 2015.
It was judged we ‘illustrate a forward thinking and expansive approach to cascading best practice through every level of the organisation. It demonstrates a progressive approach to business improvement through people.'
In July 2016 , we were awarded Investors in Young People (IIYP) status.
We were assessed against the key priorities of ‘building capability for the future, career progression and marinating a healthy balance of fresh young talent in the workforce’ and ‘recognition as an excellent employer by young people and providing them with the right skills they need to become successful at work.’
We will continue to develop the required areas to ensure that we maintain and enhance the standards of both IIP and IIYP. More information on IIP and IIYP can be found on their website.