Date: 16th June 2021 - 17th June 2021
CPD Hours: 6hoursJoin us across two mornings for key legal updates, strategic insight and practical debate facilitated by leading in-house counsel.
6 hours verifiable CPD | across two mornings
Join us across two mornings for key legal updates, strategic insight and practical debate facilitated by leading in-house counsel.
Following a year of immense disruption, the programme will be centred around the main themes of change and innovation. We will look ahead towards a post-Covid landscape with a view to discuss the new and upcoming challenges and opportunities facing in-house counsels.
We will look at the lessons we learnt from the past 12 months to identify positive change to maintain and the potential future challenges and opportunities to look out for; discuss wellbeing and resilience; provide practical guidance on risk management strategies and legal professional privilege; and reflect on diversity and inclusion as drivers for authentic leadership and innovation.
The agenda will feature a mix of plenary sessions and drop-in group discussions to increase choice and interaction: facilitated sessions that will allow you to join peers and colleagues for informal debate on a range of selected topics to further consolidate the themes raised during the plenary sessions. You will also have the opportunity to join your choice of breakout sessions on legal updates that are most relevant to your area of work.
• Identify the upcoming challenges and opportunities facing in-house lawyers in a post-Covid landscape
• Discuss wellbeing and resilience strategies to cope with change
• Gain practical guidance on risk management and legal professional privilege
• Join facilitated group discussions on wellbeing, Covid-19 and trainee talent development
• Hear about the latest updates on key legal developments on a variety of in-house practice areas
• Coca-Cola’s history of supporting civil rights, diversity and inclusion
• What Coca-Cola are doing at the moment – Outside Counsel Guidelines
• How should members of the profession be challenging themselves in this area: The benefits of diversity and inclusion and the steps we can take as a profession/individually
• What you learnt from the last 12 months: What worked and what didn’t
• Positive changes to maintain
• Potential future challenges and opportunities for in-house lawyers: What to look out for
• Wellbeing and resilience: How to cope with change
Bring your own coffee and join your choice of facilitated group discussions for informal debate and sharing of experience on the themes raised in the previous panel session. You will be able to move between groups and share your thoughts with peers and colleagues.
• New guidance
• Know your client
• Legal privilege and confidentiality
Bring your own coffee and join us for informal debate and sharing of experience around trainee supervision and talent development against the backdrop of the challenges brought about by Covid-19.
• Change, innovation and leadership
• Diversity and inclusion
"This course thoroughly deserved the name "Festival". A fantastic line up of inspirational speakers and presenters. Heartening to hear shared experiences in times of Covid and a wealth of ideas and perspectives which I will certainly take further. Really well done and thank you to all involved"
"As always an informed and relevant session; adapted really well for online delivery and a credit to the organisers. This allowed for important calibration with legal peers, at what is a crucial time for the profession and those it supports."
"Despite being held remotely, this still felt like a supportive and cohesive event for all in-house lawyers. A really good opportunity to reflect on the challenges and opportunities that face us all - and the friendliest online event I've attended since lockdown!"
"An absolutely brilliant conference, which exceeded my (already high) expectations - big thanks to all involved"
"I found the opportunity to learn from and share with fellow Inhouse lawyers hugely beneficial both professionally and personally. The programme was thoughtfully curated, the speakers and chairs were excellent, and the consecutive days helped to make it feel collegiate."
"As a telecoms lawyer I am ashamed to admit that I was sceptical that this virtual conference would work - but it did. The programme being spreadout over three days with good gaps between sessions meant I was able to both attend the conference and continue dealing with my normal work. Well done to all involved at the Society in making this event such a success."
The 2021 conference will feature a celebration of the brilliance of an up-and-coming talent in the in-house community with the presentation of our annual In-house Rising Star Award.
Read about 2020’s winner here.