Lawscot Trainee CPD is made up of four modules covering the following PEAT 2 Outcomes:
- Professional communication
- Professional ethics and standards
- Business, commercial, financial and practice awareness
The course follows a blended learning approach with a combination of online independent learning and classroom training delivered by experts. Please note the classroom training will be delivered online for the remainder of this practising year.
There are several available training day dates per module, so please select your preference at time of registering (this can always be amended later on, if needs be).
As trainee on this programme, you will have the opportunity to network with your peers from across the country, enabling you to share your experiences and learn from others. You will also have complimentary access* (up to a total of 20 hours) to our extensive webinar library, allowing you to make up the remaining 20 hours of unauthorised TCPD to combine with the 40 hours of authorised TCPD that the programme provides.
* For trainees not on our Lawscot TCPD programme, you can gain access to 20 hours of unauthorised TCPD for £199 + VAT. If you would like to take up this offer please contact CPD@lawscot.org.uk. Search our library of online material below.
Each module has a corresponding training day, and there several options for each throughout the year - only one training day per module needs to be attended. The training days will be delivered online for the remainder of this practising year.
The options for 2020/21 are as follows:
Please note that due to postponements the dates marked with an asterisk will be offered as a priority to those who were scheduled to attend a training day earlier in the year.
|Module 1 training day||5 March 2021||12 November 2021|
|Module 2 training day||6 November 2020||22 January 2021||14 May 2021|
|Module 3 training day||16 October 2020||26 March 2021 *full||11 June 2021|
|Module 4 training day||23 October 2020||19 February 2021||28 May 2021 *full|
- Brand new programme, bespoke to trainees and their needs
- Interactive, classroom based training to support independent, online learning
- Opportunity to network with peers
- Delivered by specialist trainers
- Great facilities
- Relevant to any traineeship, whether you're in-house or have joined a big firm or a high street firm
- Access to the Society's webinar library for up to 20 hours of CPD/non-authorised TCPD
Modules 1-4: £1,195
Individual modules: £495 each
All trainees must complete a minimum of 60 hours CPD training over the two-year period of their training contract. Of these 60 hours, 40 must be specialised trainee CPD (TCPD) taken with an authorised provider, while the remaining 20 hours can be made up from regular CPD.
As an authorised TCPD provider, we can provide you with a structured programme that provides 40 accredited TCPD hours over the course of four modules.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com or call 0131 476 8360.