Discussion of the Ayrshire betting licence appeal case, and the inability to correct a failure to comply with statutory directions
As the EU debates a proposed directive on the right of access to a lawyer on arrest, the authors provide in-depth analysis of the key battlegrounds and their implications for Scots law
A survey of the recent Land Court decision following the Crofting Commission reference on legal issues relating to common grazings
A LinkedIn group has been debating the use of plain English by lawyers. One participant reports on some investigations of her own
Comment on an English decision highlighting the need to consider IP rights before entering into a collaborative agreement
In this issue
- Off on the wrong track
- Cadder, EU style
- Common grazing shares – where are we now?
- Is it time to stop baffling our clients/customers?
- Copyright and collaboration: a dose of bad medicine?
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion column: Ken McCracken
- Book reviews
- Council profile
- President's column
- New build: new process
- Up or down? Digging deeper
- Who volunteers to be discriminated against?
- What's your LPO strategy for 2013?
- Tailored to suit
- Perfect storm less than appealing
- Separate but legal
- In and out of court
- Coming to a court near you
- Which way will the wind blow?
- Entitled to be aggrieved
- Funds less restricted
- Statement or Budget?
- Local leg-up
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Answering for error
- The other alternative
- Remoteness and risk
- Paralegal Scheme extended
- Proposed rule change
- Law reform roundup
- An innocent loan or questionable funds?
- Ask Ash