The new rules on data protection officers and some important tasks which all law firms should consider
The EU's new Prospectus Regulation has been welcomed as making it easier and cheaper especially for smaller companies to raise capital in the markets, and is likely to be adopted in the UK
A Scottish solicitor's personal account of leaving financial services work in Scotland to run a property company in Doha, Qatar – and of the current business scene in that country
The author questions the status of Scottish devolution if the EU (Withdrawal) Bill is enacted as it stands and in the face of refusal of legislative consent from the Scottish Parliament
This month's selection of leisure reading, chosen by the Journal's book review editor
In this issue
- GDPR: do you need a data protection officer?
- Prospectus to buy into
- From Milngavie to the Middle East
- Devolution after the Brexit hurly burly
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Janys M Scott
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Forward from a landmark year
- People on the move
- Equality: is it practised?
- Alcohol pricing: a measured response?
- Private tenancies: rebalancing or just upheaval?
- Spending means savings: legal aid study
- Too late, too late?
- RebLaw Scotland – join the rebellion
- Sentences: having the last word
- Insolvency and jurisdiction update: stating the obvious?
- When threats are OK
- Enter yet another tenancy
- Rights of the funded
- Registration rejections – more than formalities
- Heritage holder
- Public policy highlights
- Society's first MOOC opens legal learning to all
- Where there's a will...
- Resolution for the new year
- Q & A corner
- A year to accredit
- Dilapidations: the pitfalls
- Scaling the depths
- Equality: a matter of choice?