The fuller article on the disadvantages experienced by women at the bar, and what solicitors are urged to do to help tackle the problem
The fuller version of this month's opinion article in which the author illustrates just how little return a fairly standard summary criminal legal aid case can bring
Should employees be penalised for not attending work when bad weather is disrupting travel? This article argues that they may have certain rights, but the law needs clarified
A preview of Clan Childlaw's 10th anniversary conference, by highlighting some current issues likely to feature on the agenda
A quick summary of how the Scottish income tax rate has diverged from the UK rate each year since power was devolved to set Scotland's own rate
In this issue
- Fair instructions?
- The peasants have no bread
- Bad weather – adverse consequences?
- Defending children’s human rights in Scots law
- Scottish income tax – where are we now?
- Appreciation: Professor Emeritus Alexander John ("Alastair") McDonald
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Gordon Addison
- Book reviews
- Profile: Paul Mosson
- President's column
- RoS welcomes new Keeper
- People on the move
- Fair instructions? (1)
- Law: not just a profession, but also a business
- Buying in and backing off
- Tax and the common touch
- Needs of the user
- Where did the money go?
- Five FOI tips every lawyer should know
- AI – the legal and ethical minefield
- Too long, too long?
- Times still a-changin' in '18
- An infrastructure levy for Scotland
- Tax changes to termination payments
- GDPR and the cloud
- Tide runs for lenders
- Passing on a pension to the right person
- Know your FTAs
- Scots to co-host ICW in Toronto
- Office of the Public Guardian: EPOAR and more
- Public policy highlights
- Our survey said...
- Q & A corner
- A profit without honour
- Appreciation: Professor Emeritus Alexander John ("Alastair") McDonald WS
- Ask Ash
- ASPIC finds its feet
- Pushing for change