CPD Hours: 3hours
3 hours verifiable CPD
The Children (Scotland) Bill 2019 received Royal Assent on 1 October 2020, brings about significant changes to the Children (Scotland) Act 1995.
This workshop delves into the key changes introduced by the 2020 Act and reflects on how these are expected to affect the work of family law practitioners, the courts and local authorities involved in child contact cases.
- Refresh your knowledge of the main legislative developments since the introduction of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995
- Increase your understanding of the main changes introduced by the 2020 Act, and their practical implications on your day-to-day work
- Hear speakers and colleagues discuss practical cases and scenarios
- The Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and its main legislative developments
- Overview of the Children (Scotland) Act 2020: what are the key changes to court procedure arising from the Act?
- Children’s experiences of domestic abuse
- Children’s experiences of the family courts and their recommendations
- Opportunities in the Act
- Obtaining the view of children in court
- Tests for making s. 11 orders: assessing PRRRs
- Explaining decisions to children