The National Security and Investment Bill was introduced to the House of Commons by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on 11 November 2020. It aims to establish a new statutory regime for Government scrutiny of, and intervention in, investments for the purposes of protecting national security.
- Read more about the bill on the UK Parliament website.
- Read our written evidence that we prepared in advance of Committee Stage.
- Read our briefing ahead of the Second Reading in the House of Lords.
- Read our proposed amendments, together with effects and reasons, ahead of the House of Lords Committee Stage.
- In April 2021 at the House of Lords report stage we published a proposed amendment, together with effects and reasons.