The Bill makes changes to the law by:
- temporarily restricting landlords from increasing the amount of rent they can charge on residential tenancies
- temporarily placing certain restrictions on evictions from residential tenancies
- allowing for Scottish Ministers to make regulations about matters a rent officer or a First-Tier Tribunal must consider in determining rent.
The Bill was introduced on 3 October 2022.
- View the Bill on the Scottish Parliament website
- We issued a briefing ahead of the Stage 3 debate on 6 October 2022