The Bill aims to change the rules around how people can capture and kill certain wild birds and wild animals, and the rules around the making of muirburn (the controlled burning of heather and other plants for land management purposes).
The Bill was introduced on 21 March 2023.
- View the Bill on the Scottish Parliament website.
- See our response to the call for views from the Scottish Parliament's Rural Affairs and Islands Committee.
- Watch the Rural Affairs and Islands Committee evidence session in the Scottish Parliament on 21 June.
- See our supplementary letter to the Scottish Parliament's Rural Affairs and Islands Committee (18 August 2023).
- See our response to the Scottish Government's related consultation on use of snares and the powers of Scottish SPCA inspectors (3 October 2023).
- Read our briefing issued ahead of the stage 1 debate (November 2023).