6 hours verifiable CPD
Breaking through financial jargon to interpret account statements and balance sheets can be daunting. This training course will give you the knowledge and skills required to operate with confidence when undertaking finance tasks.
- Understanding the financial jargon
- How to construct a budget
- Components of operational and sales budgets
- Budgeting for capital expenditure
- Forecasting and forecasting aids and how to interpret the trends
- Cost types and behaviours
- The importance of credit control and managing cash flows
- How to interpret accounts, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Company reports and accounts
- Key accounting ratios
- Company valuations and acquisitions
- How to make a business case for investment and the financial criteria required
Scott Foster, Financial Consultant: Professional Services
Scott was until his recent retirement, Relationship Director in the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. In that role, Scott looked after the Legal & Professional Services Customers of the Bank, working closely alongside firms with revenue streams ranging from £1m up to £50- £60m per annum.
He is now consulting with Scottish based Legal and Professional services businesses about their growth ambitions and day to day needs. Scott’s focus is to help firms spend their time where it matters most. With over 25 years banking and relationship management experience, Scott can attest that this is not always as simple as it sounds.
There are few people with Scott’s knowledge and understanding of the legal sector, and with his singular experience and knowledge of well run law firms. He is enthusiastic and personable and unfailingly makes a positive impact on new partners. In his free time he enjoys playing golf (not at the level he once did) and enjoy spending quality time with family and friends.