This module will cover communication with clients and other solicitors. In a series of trainer lead sessions and practical role-play exercises, you will be given the opportunity to conduct client-solicitor interviews and participate in negotiations.
The aim of this module is to:
- Develop your negotiation, drafting and writing skills
- Practice the skills you use when working with clients such as:
- taking instructions
- probing for clarity of information
- explaining what options are available in relation to the legalities of their situation
- obtaining instructions to settle
The module three training day equates to seven hours of authorised TCPD. The remaining three hours for this module consist of one and a half hours of preparation work ahead of the training day and one and a half hours of independent work to be submitted online following attendance at the training day.
Module 3 training days run twice a year, in September and March. We suggest that you complete module 3 during the last six months of your traineeship but it can be completed outwith this time frame if necessary. Please note that rescheduled dates will be offered first to those who were due to attend an event that has been postponed due to Covid-19.