This module will cover communication with clients and other solicitors. In a series of trainer lead sessions and practical role-play exercises, you will be given the opportunity to conduct client-solicitor interviews and participate in negotiations.
The aim of this module is to:
- Develop your negotiation, drafting and writing skills
- Practice the skills you use when working with clients such as:
- taking instructions
- probing for clarity of information
- explaining what options are available in relation to the legalities of their situation
- obtaining instructions to settle
Module 3 training days run twice a year, in September and March. We suggest that you complete module 3 during the last six months of your traineeship but it can be completed outwith this time frame if necessary.