The late Alfie Phillips’ fight for a better deal for commercial tenants faced with irritancy, and an assessment of how the resulting reforms have served
A new regime to penalise late payment of PAYE and NIC money due comes into effect on 1 April
President's message: the Society's current policy on ABS allows all firms to practise in the manner they choose, and that aim should be supported at the SGM
Devolution jurisprudence has resulted in there being few, if any, Scottish criminal cases that cannot be appealed to the UK Supreme Court
Interview with JUSTICE Director Roger Smith as he visited to help a group of Scots lawyers planning to launch a Scottish equivalent
In this issue
- When is oppression not oppression?
- PAYE penalties – another trap for employers
- Future on the line
- End o' anither auld sang?
- Rights team
- House prices rising – official
- ABS: time to decide
- Streamlining the Inner House
- When cash is king
- The shape of things to come
- Effective participation?
- Keeping tabs on the EU
- How to survive and thrive - read on
- Law reform update
- All-round support
- Family business initiative progresses
- From the Brussels office
- World IP Day approaches
- Going beyond 2010
- Need life be a pressure cooker?
- Ask Ash
- Target practice
- The essence of victim
- Moved with e-motion
- Precious words
- The future of crofting
- A clash of cultures
- If it sounds too good to be true...
- Website review
- Book reviews
- Services transformed
- Consumer Code for Home Builders
- Estate agency fixed fees: the way ahead?