In consultation with the industry, NHBC has been developing a new online system for the acceptance of Buildmark cover for new homes.
The system was previewed at Journal, September 2011, 33. Designed to improve consumer protection as well as provide real benefits for conveyancers, giving them greater control of a more efficient process, its highlights include:
- No more acceptance packs to store or send
- Insurance certificates and CML notes available to download via the online application
- Conveyancers can easily and quickly check the status of the warranty throughout the purchase and whether the home is covered
- A secure hub in which conveyancers can manage the acceptance for all the properties they, and their colleagues, are working on at that time.
The online process will significantly simplify the Buildmark acceptance process.
The system is scheduled to go live early in the second quarter of 2012. Meantime conveyancers can find out more and are urged to register their interest at nhbc.co.uk/acceptance so that they can be updated on progress.
In this issue
- Capacity and undue influence
- Tolent clauses in construction contracts
- Mending the safety net
- Keeping it in the family
- Speak with impact
- The complication of tax simplification
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion column: SIHRG
- Book reviews
- Council profile
- President's column
- The price is right?
- Learning on the slate
- A better way to talk
- Plain sailing?
- Kilbrandon in the 21st century
- Who's who in banking and finance
- Corporate speak
- Here we go again...
- Deadlines in negotiations
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Shuffling walnuts?
- A bold step forward
- Action to safeguard vulnerable clients
- Buildmark acceptance goes online
- Law reform roundup
- Escape from disaster?
- Ask Ash
- Update branches out
- Business checklist
- Work, the deciding factor