It’s difficult to believe it is almost the end of 2016!
This has been an eventful year for the SPA. Our conference in April was bigger and better than ever. The event has now outgrown our usual room, and 2017’s conference will be held in the ballroom of the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow on 20 April. Make a note in your diary!
2016 also saw Sharon Such winning the very first SPA Paralegal of the Year award. Entries are already open for next year, and entry forms can be found on our website www.scottish-paralegal.org.uk If you haven’t entered yet, what are you waiting for? Each and every one of you has the chance to be the SPA Paralegal of the Year 2017.
The year also saw the start of our “meet and greet” evenings, in Dundee in October and in Stirling in December. These events are a great way to meet not only your committee, but also paralegals in your area. Our newsletter and our website will give details of upcoming events.
We appreciate how busy everyone is at this time of year, but we ask you to spare just a few minutes of your time to assist Registers of Scotland (RoS). In the near future you may receive an invitation to complete a Survey Monkey. Your committee has been working with RoS this year and RoS would appreciate input from our members. If you receive the Survey Monkey invitation please complete it – your input will be invaluable.
Finally, we would like to thank all of our members for your continued support
Merry Christmas everyone!
In this issue
- FAI Rules: a guide to the consultation
- Saying sorry – is it enough?
- Repairing obligations for common parts
- Journal reader survey feedback report
- Reading for pleasure
- Tax: is your firm paying over the odds?
- Opinion: Judith Robertson
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Altered deeds? Mind the rules
- The clouds gather
- Turning points: employment law into 2017
- Policy and the public interest
- Above the minimum
- Where code meets custom
- Child orders: mind the gap
- EU law, a family affair
- People on the move
- Information age?
- The limits of free web access
- Tenant farming: the new guidance
- Insolvency: cross-border clashes
- Foul play on the agency front
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Comm prop and the Holy Grail
- Leisure – the serious side
- New anti-money laundering support
- Law reform roundup
- Brexit: helping to shape the outcome
- Transition to Lockton – your questions answered
- Expertise plus: promoting a sector strength
- Paralegal pointers
- Time to look back – and forward
- Everything comes...
- Ask Ash