The Scottish Paralegal Association has hosted a number of “meet and greets” throughout the year which have been well attended and successful. They have allowed paralegals to meet their committee and to network with each other.
Glasgow: 5 December, 5-7.30pm, Faculty Library;
Edinburgh: 6 December, 5-7.30pm, Law Society of Scotland offices.
As you know, we are hard at work organising our next annual conference which will be held on Thursday 19 April 2018 in the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow. We would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions regarding speakers or topics you would like covered. This is your conference and we wish it to be a useful and informative event for all who attend.
For any conveyancing paralegals out there, Registers of Scotland would like our help. Their UX team (user experience) would really appreciate speaking to anyone who completes e-forms on a regular basis to learn what we do and why, what we like and don’t like and why that is. The team have also developed a couple of prototypes they would like feedback on. They really hope some of us can help with this. Each session would take about 30-45 minutes. If you are willing to help, please email Nina at email@example.com. Someone from the UX team will then contact you directly and arrange to meet with you at your office. We think the UX team would like to carry out some of the exploration work in the next few weeks, but we will also be looking for volunteers and feedback as the designs move on.
In this issue
- Immigration detention: a case of overuse
- Sexual harassment: don't suffer in silence
- Child disputes: a quicker way through?
- Brexit: where are we now and what happens next?
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Claire McKee
- Book reviews
- President's column
- ScotLIS: the citizens' tool
- People on the move
- People matter
- Historic abuse: the fairness matrix
- Landmark year in legal IT
- Sentence, but no full stop
- Opening up arbitration
- Making the agent pay
- Equal pay: beware the mass claims
- Dealing with conflict
- Claims outside the rules
- Pension transfers – history repeating itself?
- Last instructions
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Standard missives: an unachievable dream?
- SOLAR powered
- Disability rights
- Law reform roundup
- Too hard a drive?
- Settlement: can you avoid cheques?
- Q & A corner
- When 25 is the new 35
- Sorry; not sorry
- Ask Ash
- Plan sets ambitious 2017-18 targets
- Letting agents: prepare to register
- Paralegal pointers
- A way to make an impact