Have you completed your AML certificate?
Money laundering reporting officers at law firms across Scotland are reminded that the new AML certificate must be submitted by 21 December.
The Law Society of Scotland’s AML certificate is a questionnaire designed to collect relevant data about firms covered by the scope of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and follows on from the AML registration process which took place earlier this year.
As part of the new, compulsory process, firms are required to upload a firm-level risk assessment in addition to their completed questionnaire and the Society has built an online toolkit, which includes a risk assessment template.
Graham Mackenzie, the Society’s head of AML, said: “The responses allow us to build a comprehensive understanding of the profession’s AML risk profile, at both an individual and aggregate level. In turn, that intelligence will inform our risk-based approach to AML supervision as we fulfil our duties as an HM Treasury authorised AML supervisor.
“If you don’t find what you are looking for online, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help you through the process.”
Find out more about completing the new AML certificate on the Society's website
In this issue
- Brexit: looking to the future
- Trusting the specialist tribunal
- The single surrogacy saga
- Payment notices and strict forms
- Land registration errors: an owner's view
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Mhairi Snowden
- Book reviews
- Profile: Caroline Court
- President's column
- Discharges made simpler
- People on the move
- Taking on all comers
- Crowdfunding: changing the legal landscape
- Salaried but not employed
- Putting customers at the heart
- Interviews and the minimum criminal age
- Data breaches and the damage test
- Steering away from breakdowns
- IT: the great leveller
- Admissible hearsay?
- Vicarious liability and the vindictive employee
- Upholding copyright or breaking the web?
- Smallholdings are different
- Avoiding bias in sports law disputes
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Progress at the expense of accuracy
- In-house for initiative
- Have you completed your AML certificate?
- Public policy highlights
- A blurred vision
- Millennials: a new age for managers
- Into uncharted waters
- Lost will – what then?
- 2018: a paralegal view
- ... and the SPA looks back, and ahead
- Ask Ash