If you are a budding artist, rookie designer or enthusiastic photographer, enter our competition and you could see your work on the front cover of the Journal magazine!
If you have links to a school, make sure you tell them about this competition. Not only will the winning school design be published in July as one of the front covers of the Journal, the winning school will also receive £750.
How to enter
The theme of the front cover is: “What the law in Scotland means to you.” Your design should be suitable for a print magazine and could be a photo, graphic, digital art, drawing, painting, printmaking or anything else suitable!
Entries should be emailed as a jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted hard copy to Journal Front Cover Competition, Law Society of Scotland, Atria One, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh EH3 8EX, to arrive no later than midnight on Tuesday 30 April. You should include your name, business/school name and address, class year (school entries only) and a contact telephone number and email address.
The competition will be judged by a panel representing the Society, Connect Publications, and the Scottish magazine industry. Full terms and conditions can be found on the Society’s website at www.lawscot.org.uk/platinum
In this issue
- Brexit: prepare for impact
- Continuity and compatibility
- The Disability Convention: clearing obstructions
- Policing review: the priorities
- Five investment practicalities for lawyers managing trusts
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Aamer Anwar
- Book reviews
- Profile: Serena Sutherland
- President's column
- People on the move
- Lifting the lid on the law
- The article 50 case: how it happened
- Forum for business
- Relevant persons: an alternative
- Three ways to enhance digital innovation
- Brexit north of the border
- Roberton – a way forward?
- Interest that runs for years
- Minimum pricing: what next?
- A bill not as planned
- Consumer contracts, choice of law and time bar
- Entrepreneurs' relief: tightened too far?
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- In the name of justice
- Views from the bar
- Design the Journal front cover!
- Public policy highlights
- OPG update
- Police station interview training – an update
- Easier caution with Marsh online service
- Fantastic locums – and where to find them!
- Navigating competencies
- C1s – why they bounce
- Conference content?
- Turn on the black box
- Ask Ash