The Trustees of the Law Society of Scotland Staff Retirement Benefit Scheme are looking to appoint a Scottish solicitor as one of the two independent trustees to this Scheme.
The scheme is a closed final salary pension scheme both to new members and future accrual.
- Must hold a current full and unrestricted practising certificate from the Society.
- Have at least five years’ experience in pensions law.
- Previous experience as a trustee would be desirable but not essential.
There are at least two trustees meeting per annum which are hybrid meetings involving face-to-face meetings with video options.
This position is voluntary.
Length of Term
The appointment is for an initial term of three years.
Being a trustee is a very rewarding role. The benefits include opportunities to:
- develop new skills and strengthen existing skills;
- work with people from a wide range of experience and backgrounds and to enhance teamwork and communication skills;
- gain experience as a trustee;
How to apply
Any interested applicants please send an up—to-date CV to email@example.com by 31 August 2022.
Please also complete and return the Equality and Diversity monitoring that can be found at the bottom of this page. Information is requested for monitoring purposes only and plays no part in the selection process.
If interviews are required, they will be held in September/October.