We are looking for experts to join our specialist accreditation panels.
The Specialist accreditation scheme offers recognition of solicitors who develop specialist knowledge and expertise during their careers. Applications for accreditation are assessed by expert panels made up of between six and eight members who are experienced in the specialisation area of law. Panel members score applications independently against published criteria, and use an agreed scoring matrix.
Please note that, for some of the panels, only solicitors may apply.
We require new members for the following panels:
- Agricultural Law (2 vacancies) (solicitors only)
- Arbitration Law (1 vacancy)
- Charity Law (3 vacancies)
- Commercial Mediation (2 vacancies)
- Child Law (1 vacancy) (solicitor only)
- Incapacity and Mental Disability Law (2 vacancies)
- Immigration Law (1 vacancy)
- Intellectual Property (2 vacancies)
- Personal Injury (2 vacancies) (solicitor only)
- Public Procurement (2 vacancies)
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the law and practice of the area of specialisation.
- Be able to consider and digest papers in relation to each application, and to assess each application against the agreed criteria to reach a concise and well-reasoned decision.
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for the work of the Accreditation Panel.
- To assess each application and submit a completed score sheet within 14 days, setting out a score for each individual application against the advertised criteria.
- Consider requests to review a refused application, and to complete and return a score sheet for the same within 21 days.
- Be available to attend meetings of the panel called by the convenor, either in person or by conference call.
- Adhere to the Conduct Guidance for Accreditation Panels
Training will be provided to support you in assessing your first application. This is an unpaid role, with reasonable travel expenses being paid.
If you have any queries about these vacancies or require the application form in an alternative format, please contact Elaine MacGlone, Secretary to the Accreditation Panels, at firstname.lastname@example.org.