Table of fees
A new table of fees for the Office of the Public Guardian comes into force on 1 April 2014. Although the majority of fees will increase, those relating to powers of attorney remain the same.
The launch of the OPG’s new website is planned for April. Updates will be put on the news page of the current website. The OPG will invite customers to test a version of the new website. If you would like to be involved, please contact Amanda Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have saved any pages from the current site as a favourite, the link will be removed once the new website is live.
To date, 465 firms have signed up to the electronic power of attorney registration (EPOAR) facility, and 48% of all PoA submissions received in 2013 were via EPOAR. With a turnaround of four working days, feedback remains positive. Recent customer comments include: “much more effective than the paper based system”; and “works well once you get used to it”.
Revised and improved EPOAR guidance notes for solicitors will be available in April. If you are interested in testing these and providing feedback, please contact email@example.com
In this issue
- The role of "attachment" in child custody and contact cases
- No protocol – what expenses?
- Ecocide: a worthy "fifth crime against peace"?
- Mandatory mediation: better for children
- Reservoir safety regulation: a changing landscape
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Mark Hordern
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Digital deeds move closer
- Fair access - a fair way to go
- No protocol – what expenses? (1)
- Hedges: not all bad news
- Daring to be different
- Financial planning or wealth management – is there a difference?
- Success in the balance
- Wealth management for business leaders and owners
- Purpose of the protocol
- Actionable data wrongs?
- Land Court: business as usual
- Penalty points
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Fever pitch
- Heritage regained
- All grist to the mill
- Wills: is it OK to act?
- Gongs, dinners and just deserts
- Perils of the home
- Ask Ash
- Scots lawyers debate Union in London
- Public Guardian news roundup
- Law reform roundup
- Personal Injury User Group at your service
- Diary of an innocent in-houser