Solicitors and law firms are being encouraged to take advantage of time and cost savings by renewing practising certificates online, prior to it becoming mandatory next year.
For businesses and individuals who have not already opted in, the opt-in window for renewing PCs online is open until 17 September and can be completed at www.lawscot.org.uk/pc-renewal
Individuals who opt in this year will be in with a chance to win an iPad, while firms can win an Update Direct seminar for their staff with a value of £500.
Over the last three years, thousands of members across Scotland have chosen to save time and money by renewing online and the Society is urging more members to take advantage of this service.
James Ness, deputy registrar at the Society, commented: “We’re delighted with the feedback we’ve had from members and firms who have taken part in online PC renewal.
“Next year the Society will move away from a paperbased renewal option to an entirely online renewal system. We’re urging members to get a head start on this process and opt in for online renewal this year.”For more information on online PC renewal, visit www.lawscot. org.uk/pc-renewal or contact email@example.com
In this issue
- Can solicitors be bystanders to offensive language?
- Driving away candidates
- Criminal injuries compensation – the new pitfalls
- Fish farms: a controlled environment
- Still trying to take care of the dead
- Permanence: beyond the past
- A series of unlikely events
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Paul Motion and Laura Irvine
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Count of 10
- People on the move
- Your life on file
- Drip, drip, DRIP: privacy draining away?
- LBTT: prepare to switch
- Workers: a class apart
- Dictation has a silver lining
- Don't cross them
- A case to make its mark?
- Variations on a theme
- Child abduction: recent developments
- Whistleblowing update
- Pension changes mean trustee alert
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Changing elitism to equality
- Shape of the future
- Mentors wanted for scheme's second year
- Mandatory PC online renewal is coming for all
- Join wills charity drive
- Law reform roundup
- Carolyn's at the top of her Games
- Smartcards - the lawyer's friend
- With growth there is risk
- Ask Ash
- Smarter money
- Across borders
- Angles on immigration
- Legal aid – the hidden catches