We on your committee receive emails on a regular basis, asking us to provide CPD around the country.
We are therefore very keen to hold a mini-conference in Dundee around October/November 2016. We have earmarked a suitable venue and dates, and we are now looking for commitment from members that this will be a worthwhile conference to hold.
An email was sent out to members during the week of 11 July, but unfortunately we have not had any response. It therefore looks as if this event may have to be placed on the back burner for the time being. Members will appreciate that we cannot hold events where few or no members attend, as this is not viable financially, considering that speakers need to be arranged and paid for their time, and the venue and catering booked in advance for a minimum number of attendees.
We had hoped the conference would have covered several domains in an all-day event costing £50. Alternatively, if our feedback indicated that members would prefer a half-day conference, this could be arranged. First Scottish has very kindly agreed to sponsor such an event.
If for any reason you did not receive your email, or you would be keen to support such an event, please contact us as a matter of urgency so that we can organise this exciting new conference. Please note that it will not replace our annual conference held every April in Glasgow.
Please get in touch!
In this issue
- Human rights: preparing the UK's report card
- Doping and Rio – the final say?
- Mr v Mrs: the real mediation world?
- GDPR – still coming to the UK
- eDisclosure and Brexit: GDPR come what may?
- Tom Axford, 7 March 1960-12 May 2016
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Billie Kirkham
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Pilots chart a course
- People on the move
- Thiepval: what does that mean to you?
- Iraq: a basis in law?
- Big Brother, or benign assistance?
- Activist banking
- Hostility enacted – a view from practitioners
- Bankruptcy reconstructed
- No-blame redress: a blueprint?
- Moorov: bridging the gap
- Ten years of cohabitation claims
- Employment law post-Brexit: what change is likely?
- Mine, and they're private
- Brexit: is parting sweet or sorrow for pensions?
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Brexit? Don't panic...
- Law for heroes
- Law reform roundup
- Vulnerable witnesses: LJC alert
- Power to whose elbow?
- It isn't about the babies!
- Covered by the terms?
- Ask Ash
- The power of culture
- Properly engaged
- Paralegal pointers