Registration forms API
Registers of Scotland (RoS) are creating an application programme interface (API) that will allow our registration form to be completed, and to some extent pre-populated, within solicitors’ own case management systems. We are currently testing this service with real users to gather feedback and make any changes necessary prior to the service being released to a wider user group. Once released to the wider group we will continue to seek feedback and refine the service as needed. Working with our customers in this iterative style is a key component of the way we are delivering customer-focused services as part of our business transformation programme.
RoS, in conjunction with the Law Society of Scotland, is piloting the use of the Society’s smartcard for the purposes of applying digital signatures within ARTL. The smartcard can be used for any authentication activities on ARTL applications that currently require the use of a RoS smartcard. Looking ahead, as we work with users to design new electronic services for registering standard securities and dispositions, this offers greater flexibility by providing a single certificate that can authenticate users on both Law Society of Scotland and RoS services. An update on this pilot will be provided in next month’s Journal.
In this issue
- Human rights: preparing the UK's report card
- Doping and Rio – the final say?
- Mr v Mrs: the real mediation world?
- GDPR – still coming to the UK
- eDisclosure and Brexit: GDPR come what may?
- Tom Axford, 7 March 1960-12 May 2016
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Billie Kirkham
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Pilots chart a course
- People on the move
- Thiepval: what does that mean to you?
- Iraq: a basis in law?
- Big Brother, or benign assistance?
- Activist banking
- Hostility enacted – a view from practitioners
- Bankruptcy reconstructed
- No-blame redress: a blueprint?
- Moorov: bridging the gap
- Ten years of cohabitation claims
- Employment law post-Brexit: what change is likely?
- Mine, and they're private
- Brexit: is parting sweet or sorrow for pensions?
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Brexit? Don't panic...
- Law for heroes
- Law reform roundup
- Vulnerable witnesses: LJC alert
- Power to whose elbow?
- It isn't about the babies!
- Covered by the terms?
- Ask Ash
- The power of culture
- Properly engaged
- Paralegal pointers