The author's opening address to the Fourth World Congress on Adult Guardianship, held at Erkner, near Berlin, from 14-17 September 2016
Does Brexit mean the end of the UK's involvement in the Unified Patent Court? Not necessarily, whatever the outcome of the wider negotiations
The tricky issues that can arise on claiming agricultural property relief for IHT in relation to let farm cottages
A Government solicitor's guide to help solicitors make the transition to the consolidating Bankruptcy (Scotland) Act 2016
The implications for Scottish companies of a decision striking down a Companies Act-compliant distribution on a challenge under an English insolvency provision
In this issue
- Legal protection of adults – an international comparison
- The UPC post-Brexit: unified, “emmental-ed”, or dead?
- Proof of purpose: IHT and APR
- Bankruptcy consolidated: what do I need to know?
- Dividends – compliant but challengeable?
- FGM mandatory reporting: an example to follow?
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Neil Hay
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Next pieces of the jigsaw
- People on the move
- Beginner's guide
- As simple as that?
- Excellence in action
- "That is not how we do it here"
- Rebranding in the digital age
- Brexit: Brussels in a holding pattern
- Common areas: keep Pandora's box shut
- Police: qualified experts?
- Is that overprovision policy watertight?
- Impact assessments still important
- The vital paper trail
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Controlling interests: problem questions
- Law under orders
- Prisoner correspondence: a reminder
- Law reform roundup
- Society, Parliament revamp law student competition
- Foundation for aspiration
- Payment fraud: take five
- Ask Ash
- Better together?
- Paralegal pointers