In the August Journal we reported on a proposed mini-conference to be held in Dundee around October/November 2016. In that article it was reported that we had received no response; however, due to a technical problem there was a delay in the responses coming through and the event was cancelled. Apologies to those of you who had responded.
Rather than a mini-conference, a “Get To Know Us” event has now been arranged for Tuesday 1 November 2016 in the Apex City Quay Hotel, 1 West Victoria Dock Road, Dundee from 5.30-7.30pm. Drinks and nibbles will be provided on the evening.
This event is open to both members and non-members of the Association, so please feel free to bring along your colleagues. We hope that as many of you as possible will come along to meet the committee for what we hope will be an enjoyable and informative evening. We hope that you will take the opportunity to let us have your ideas, suggestions and opinions on what you think of the Association, how you think your Association could do more for you and how you would like to see it progress going forward. Any suggestions for CPD events we can arrange for you will be welcomed. This will be an informal event with the opportunity for networking.
The SPA is keen to establish links with paralegals across Scotland. Future “Get To Know Us” events may be held covering other areas.
The committee look forward to welcoming you on 1 November.
In this issue
- Legal protection of adults – an international comparison
- The UPC post-Brexit: unified, “emmental-ed”, or dead?
- Proof of purpose: IHT and APR
- Bankruptcy consolidated: what do I need to know?
- Dividends – compliant but challengeable?
- FGM mandatory reporting: an example to follow?
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Neil Hay
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Next pieces of the jigsaw
- People on the move
- Beginner's guide
- As simple as that?
- Excellence in action
- "That is not how we do it here"
- Rebranding in the digital age
- Brexit: Brussels in a holding pattern
- Common areas: keep Pandora's box shut
- Police: qualified experts?
- Is that overprovision policy watertight?
- Impact assessments still important
- The vital paper trail
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Controlling interests: problem questions
- Law under orders
- Prisoner correspondence: a reminder
- Law reform roundup
- Society, Parliament revamp law student competition
- Foundation for aspiration
- Payment fraud: take five
- Ask Ash
- Better together?
- Paralegal pointers