The Society has received an application to create a new category for specialist accreditation, “regulation of professional conduct”, and is keen to establish interest from potential applicants in order to help it decide whether to establish this category.
The new category would require applicants to demonstrate an understanding of the tests for professional misconduct, including the legal criteria for culpability where a departure from the relevant codes of practice or practice rules has been alleged, and to demonstrate significant experience in working in this area of the law.
It would be open to solicitors who work in investigation and prosecution of allegations of professional misconduct as well as solicitors who represent those accused of misconduct.
Solicitors can apply to be accredited if they can demonstrate significant experience in the relevant area of the law in the five years before their application, and have held an unrestricted practising certificate for at least seven years.If you are interested in supporting the establishment of this particular accreditation category, and in particular would consider applying to be accredited, please contact the secretary to the accreditation panels, Elaine MacGlone at email@example.com by Friday 31 March 2017.
In this issue
- Ineligibility – an open and shut case?
- Rent deposits – filling in the gaps
- EU at the crossroads
- Brexit: the human rights dimension
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Andrew Lothian
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Digital consultation closes
- People on the move
- Clear sky over summary courts
- Defence submissions
- Bookmark the benchmark
- GDPR: Practical steps for Scottish law firms to prepare
- Heads for business
- Spousal visas and the income rule
- Compete or get beat
- Platform party
- The consequences of excluding consequential loss
- Understanding the other side's position
- Family complexities
- Unitary patent: sunrise or sunset for UK holders?
- Third option
- Land reform, step by step
- Member against member?
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Power of attorney update
- The 2012 Act: a bold step forward?
- Back to university
- Accreditation: calling regulatory lawyers
- Law reform roundup
- Street Law shows the way
- Year of big news
- De-risking email
- Paralegal pointers
- Ask Ash
- Top of the list
- Just your luck?
- Executries and pension overpayments