Spring is nearly upon us, so that also means that the SPA Annual Conference is not that far away either! The conference is on 20 April 2017 at Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow and tickets are now on sale. Please book quickly to avoid disappointment.
The conference has some great speakers lined up. As we are aware that paralegals can work in different domains, we have this year tried to keep all breakout session timings the same so that you don’t have to stick to your own domain. If there is a particular speaker in a different domain please feel free to go and listen to them.
Registration is from 8.45am and welcome addresses begin at 9.10. David Buchanan-Cook of the SLCC gives the principal morning address, and breakout sessions take up much of the rest of the day until the penultimate session, Lego Serious Play (a problem-solving tool!) and then at 4.15pm the presentation of the Paralegal of the Year Award and closing remarks.
For further details, including breakout session timings and speakers, and to book, go to www.scottish-paralegal.org.uk
- The Annual General Meeting of the SPA will be held at 1pm on Saturday 1 April 2017, also at the Grand Central Hotel. All are welcome to come along.
In this issue
- Ineligibility – an open and shut case?
- Rent deposits – filling in the gaps
- EU at the crossroads
- Brexit: the human rights dimension
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Andrew Lothian
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Digital consultation closes
- People on the move
- Clear sky over summary courts
- Defence submissions
- Bookmark the benchmark
- GDPR: Practical steps for Scottish law firms to prepare
- Heads for business
- Spousal visas and the income rule
- Compete or get beat
- Platform party
- The consequences of excluding consequential loss
- Understanding the other side's position
- Family complexities
- Unitary patent: sunrise or sunset for UK holders?
- Third option
- Land reform, step by step
- Member against member?
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Power of attorney update
- The 2012 Act: a bold step forward?
- Back to university
- Accreditation: calling regulatory lawyers
- Law reform roundup
- Street Law shows the way
- Year of big news
- De-risking email
- Paralegal pointers
- Ask Ash
- Top of the list
- Just your luck?
- Executries and pension overpayments