“Time is money” is a well-known phrase, and no one understands that better than those in the legal industry. That is why having an efficient and flexible storage system for documents is critical in maximising time management and chargeable hours for your company.
Do you currently use an off-site storage company? Are you frustrated at having to wait hours or even days for crucial case files to be returned to your office? What about the cost of storage and the additional costs to retrieve documents?
It’s time to stop investing in filing cabinets and off-site storage and start to embrace the digital technologies that will improve access to information and provide remote employees with easy self-serve access to case files.
Electronic document management is this digital world, eliminating time-consuming, paper-heavy storage tasks and giving you access to your own documents 24 hours a day using any digital device: PC, laptop, tablet or Apple/Android smartphone. Case files can be scanned in and filed via your printing device or phone, enabling colleagues in the office or in other locations to access the latest information immediately.
This method of document storage will eliminate the possibility of lost or misplaced files by storing all your documents in searchable digital file cabinets, all within a centralised location – therefore alleviating common bottlenecks caused by off-site storage and getting you back on track with that phrase “Time is money”.
What about GDPR?
Electronic document management solutions will also ensure you are on the correct path towards GDPR compliance, and here’s why:
- No more paperwork left lying around the office which may leak out personal information.
- All documents stored are encrypted.
- Employee access permissions can be set in place.
- Documents can be flagged up for review once they meet the end of their retention period.
“Document Data are a young and innovative Company that meets all our needs. They are quick to respond when telephoned with any problems and have someone site within a matter of hours if the matter can’t be dealt with via online helpdesk support.” Fiona Scoular, Practise Manager, Fraser Shepherd, Falkirk
"Document Data Group takes time to get to know our business and tailors their solutions to help us achieve our aims and goals while providing an excellent, friendly and efficient service." Mark McGorm, Partnership Director, Mitchells Roberton, Glasgow
"The service we have received from Document Data Group has been excellent, they are helpful and reliable and have now built a long standing relationship because of this." Ian Moir, Director, Ian Moir & Company, Glasgow.Interested in finding out more? Document management starts from as little as £50 per user per month. Call 08451 805 805 or email email@example.com to book an appointment with one of the team. www.documentdatagroup.com
In this issue
- Confidence restored: internal investigations and legal privilege
- Court reforms: still an unknown quantity
- Ruled out of court?
- Uncovering the environment (1)
- Medical death: a case to answer
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Kerry Trewern and Rhona McNair
- Book reviews
- Profile: Ryan McCuaig
- President's column
- Developing digital services
- People on the move
- Leading judgment
- Health check
- Open to attack
- Claims: beating the trigger
- Storage: time for digital
- GSPC: eulogy for a friend
- Relevant persons: a challenge
- New specialist land registration practice launches
- Good enough reason?
- Copyright: underpinning control
- Writing means writing
- Rent moves: two crucial hoops
- Debtor wins in policy decision
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- KIR: the time bomb explodes
- The guideline goal
- GC NextGen: a network for you?
- Your Law Society of Scotland Council members
- Public policy highlights
- Double boost for Society's AML team
- Ask Ash
- Practice rights and the impact of Brexit: working in the EU
- Acting as notary: what do I need to know?
- Engagement letters: a practical approach
- Uncovering the environment
- Paralegal pointers