One of our biggest tasks every year is delivering the annual conference. Open to all SPA members, it provides a whole day of useful CPD relative to your practice area. Last year we decided to hold not one, but two conferences; and what a success that was. More than 130 paralegals enjoyed CPD-verifiable presentations on conveyancing, family, executry, licensing, criminal, civil and debt recovery.
In 2019 we will again hold two conferences. The April conference will be held on Thursday 18 April at the Grand Central Hotel, 99 Gordon Street, Glasgow. Tickets are on sale now at EventBrite. Full information will also be published on our website and advertised on our social media outlets. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible and we have no doubt that it will be a very enjoyable and informative event for everyone. Remember, we will announce the Paralegal of the Year at the conference too.
Without the generosity of our sponsors, the committee would not be able to host events such as this.
CPD and networking
If you can’t make our conference, don’t panic! We have increased the number of CPD and networking events. We believe it is important to be able to provide our members with the opportunity of CPD relative to their practice area. Our key partners have been very supportive of these events. We are delighted with the turnout so far and hope we can see you at events in the future. Details are on our website and social media outlets, but you are welcome to contact us directly for information – or with suggestions for events or CPD you would like us to organise for you (e: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or via social media).
In this issue
- How will Brexit affect my mother-in-law?
- Settling the debate on sequestration
- Taking wellbeing seriously
- How will personal data continue to flow after Brexit?
- Buildmark, and a little extra help for NHBC
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Laurie Anderson
- Book reviews
- Profile: Lord Mackay of Clashfern
- President's column
- People on the move
- Is your legal software ready to remain compliant in 2019?
- What's the deal?
- Ready to leave?
- A tapering opportunity
- Brexit: no dealbreaker either
- The business of divorce
- Trailblazing 12
- Cohabitants: rebalancing the law
- Litigation: an evolving scene
- Chain transactions
- When delay is not fatal
- Data protection – deal or no-deal?
- Two cases and an order
- Reshaping trade mark law
- When the wheels come off
- Parentage or privacy?
- Access right, right of access or right of way?
- Team of one
- Public policy highlights
- OPG update
- Housing specialism added to accreditation list
- At the boundary's edge
- Keep the dual role
- Executry and trust accounting: new guidance
- Moving nightmares
- Accredited paralegal update
- Sign up for conference
- Accredited Paralegal Committee profile
- Ask Ash