The Scottish Government's Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee has issued an inquiry on The Deposit and Return Scheme for Scotland Regulations 2020: accompanying statement and proposed regulations.
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency has issued a consultation on the Scottish forestry and wood processing sector.
- View the consultation on the Scottish Environment Protection Agency website
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (September 2019)
The Scottish Government has issued a consultation on the Handling of waste: amendment to legislation
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has issued a consultation on measures to reduce the amount of unnecessary and difficult to recycle packaging and increase the amount of packaging that can and is recycled.
- View the consultation on the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs website.
- View the Law Society of Scotland's response (May 2019)
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) has issued a series of consultations on its sector plans for the challenges of tommorrow.
- View the consultations on SEPA's website
- Read our response to the crop production sector plan
- Read our response to the dairy production sector plan
- Read our response to the dairy processing sector plan
- Read our response to the chemical manufacturing sector plan
- Read our response to the housing sector plan
- Read our response to the leather sector plan
- Read our response to the nuclear power sector plan
- Read our response to the strategic infrastructure sector plan
- Read our response to the water sector plan
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee and the Environmental Audit Committee have launched a joint call for written evidence for pre-legislative scrutiny of the draft Environment (Principles and Governance) Bill.
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) has issued a consultation on how it will work with the tyre sector; from those who commission, design and manufacture tyres through to the businesses and operators who use, collect, recycle and recover waste tyres.
The Scottish Parliament's Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee received a notification from the Cabinet Secretary on the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Scheme (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018 on 2 October 2018.
- The Law Society of Scotland's comments (October 2018)
The Scottish Government has issued a consultation on the options for distinct elements of a deposit return scheme on beverage containers, seeking views on which options will deliver the best results for Scotland.
The House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee launches an inquiry into the Government’s proposals for a new environmental watchdog and its proposals to bring environmental principles into UK law after leaving the EU.
The Scottish Civil Justice Council has issued a consultation to seek views on draft rules for Protective Expenses Orders (PEOs). The draft rules seek to ensure that, where applicable, the rules regulating applications for PEOs in environmental proceedings operate so as to give proper effect to the requirement under the Aarhus Convention and European Union Law that proceedings should be 'not prohibitively expensive'.
The Scottish Government and the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) have issued a consultation that sets out proposals for a new integrated environmental authorisation framework for SEPA. The new framework plans to bring together the authorisation, procedural and enforcement arrangements for existing environmental protection regimes relating to water, waste, radioactive substances and pollution prevention and control.