The former senior partner of TC Young, Andrew Robertson, has been awarded the CBE in the New Year’s Honours list in recognition of his services to veterans, healthcare and affordable housing.
Andrew oversaw the development of the firm of TC Young into one of the leading social housing and charity law practices in Scotland, retiring as senior partner in 2006.
Alongside legal practice, Andrew enjoyed leadership roles with many organisations including Scottish Building Society, three NHS trusts, Princess Royal Trust for Carers and Erskine Hospital. He was appointed as chairman of Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS Board in 2007 and completed an eight-year term in 2015, having seen completion of the Greater Glasgow Acute Services strategy in July 2015 when the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital was officially opened.
Andrew was appointed as chair of LAR Housing Trust in February 2016.
I am sure many of his former professional colleagues will join the staff of TC Young in congratulating Andrew on this well-deserved honour and continue to wish him well in his very busy “retirement”!
In this issue
- Enforceable rights or progressive policy goals?
- Data processors beware: GDPR holds you responsible too
- Insolvency in a post-Carillion world
- Employee ownership: a strategy that fits
- A mediation Act? The Irish experience
- Journal magazine index 2017
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Andrew Tickell
- Book reviews
- President's column
- Digital progress given go ahead
- People on the move
- Tipping point for legal aid?
- Arrest: all change
- Legal software: are you still listening to Gangnam style?
- Defamation law for the digital age
- Choosing our judges: could we do it better?
- A journey through trust compliance
- The Cashroom: 10 years of service
- From dockets to defences
- Sex discrimination runs deep
- Wealth not a bar to s 28 claims
- No spying on the job
- Scottish Solicitors Staff Pension Fund: not the final instalment?
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- The Clark Foundation for Legal Education
- LBTT's birthday alert
- Doing all the white stuff
- Solicitor's CBE for life of service
- From the Brussels office
- Paralegal pointers
- Public policy highlights
- The kindest cut
- Wish list for the review
- Benchmarking: take the benefits
- Tax evasion: don't get caught up
- Ask Ash
- Time to call out harassment
- Q & A corner