We are pleased to confirm that tickets are now on sale for our first autumn conference. The conference will be held on 2 October at the Apex Hotel in Dundee and will cover the practice areas of conveyancing, family law, debt recovery and private client. Tickets are now available at the price of £65. This is an ideal opportunity to obtain five hours of CPD before the end of October if anyone is short of hours! Full details will be available on our website www.scottish-paralegal.org.uk
We recently exhibited at the CLT Scots Law Conference at Murrayfield. It was lovely to catch up with existing members and also have the opportunity to speak to paralegals who are interested in becoming accredited paralegals and joining the Association. If there are any members in your firm who would like to become accredited paralegals or are interested in joining the Association, please ask them to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As previously mentioned, we are finalising the upcoming “meet and greet” and CPD sessions, and details will be publicised shortly. We have booked the Faculty Rooms in Glasgow on Wednesday 15 August, Tuesday 11 September and Tuesday 23 October. Please come along after work and join us for networking with your colleagues, a glass of bubbly and an hour’s CPD.
As always, we would love to hear from members with any suggestions for events or CPD you would like us to organise for you.
In this issue
- Acting in the best interest of the company?
- Social housing: the ground rules change
- Supporting your EU staff
- Sands run out on offshore interests
- Familiar faces not welcome
- Reading for pleasure
- Opinion: Pol Clementsmith
- Book reviews
- Profile: Robert Rennie
- President's column
- Moving from Registers Direct to ScotLIS
- People on the move
- Good on paper?
- When 1 + 1 = 3
- Voice of the child
- Curators ad litem: who pays, and for what?
- Limits of a course of conduct
- Asleep on the job?
- Affidavits – essential reading
- Prisoner privacy proportionality
- Not just a matter of form for employers
- Scottish Solicitors' Discipline Tribunal
- Keep your beneficiary nominations up to date
- See-through titles: setting the scene
- In-house traineeships: time for an in-depth look
- Public policy highlights
- Paralegal pointers
- Police interview advice: a skill to learn
- Swimming, not sinking
- The lawyer and the geek
- Ask Ash