The Islands (Scotland) Bill was introduced by the Cabinet Secretary for Rural Economy and Connectivity, Fergus Ewing MSP, on 9 June 2017.
A Bill for an Act of the Scottish Parliament to make provision for a national islands plan; to impose duties in relation to island communities on certain public authorities; to make provision about the electoral representation of island communities; and to establish a licensing scheme in respect of marine development adjacent to islands.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament website to view the Bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (September 2017)
- The Law Society of Scotland's Stage 1 briefing issued to all MSPs (December 2017)
- Read our list of suggested amendments together with effects and reasons issued at Stage 2 (March 2018)
- Read our list of further suggested amendments together with effects and reasons issued at Stage 2 (March 2018)
- The Law Society of Scotland's Stage 3 briefing issue to all MSPs (May 2018)