A Bill for an Act of the Scottish Parliament to make provision for low emission zones; to make provision for and in connection with the powers of local transport authorities in connection with the operation of local bus services in their areas; to make provision about arrangements under which persons may be entitled to travel on local bus and other transport services; to prohibit the parking of vehicles on pavements and prohibit double parking; to make provision in connection with the status of the office of the Scottish Road Works Commissioner, the Commissioner’s functions and the regulation of road works; to make provision in connection with regional Transport Partnerships and to adjust the number of members on the British Waterways Board; and for connected purposes.
This Scottish Government Bill was introduced by the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution, Derek Mackay MSP, on 8 June 2018.
- View the Bill on the Scottish Parliament website
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (September 2018)
- Our Stage 1 briefing on the Bill (April 2019)
- Our suggested amendments to the Bill with effects and reasons (September 2019)
- The Law Society of Scotland briefing issued to all MSPs ahead of the Stage 3 proceedings scheduled for Wednesday 9 October 2019