A Bill for an Act of the Scottish Parliament to amend the law relating to the extinction of rights and obligations by the passage of time.
This Scottish Government Bill was introduced by the Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Michael Matheson MSP, on 8 February 2018.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament website to view the Bill.
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (April 2018)
- View the Law Society of Scotland's Stage 1 briefing (June 2018)
- Read our letter to Graham Simpson MSP, Convener of the Delegated Powers and Law Reform Committee, in response to the Committee's request for views on strict liability for conveyancing solicitors (August 2018)
- Read our briefing issued to all MSPs ahead of Stage 3 proceedings on 8 November 2018.