The Scottish Government is proposing to create a new body called Consumer Scotland. This Bill would establish Consumer Scotland and give it powers to provide advice; represent the views of consumers; collect information; organise research and carry out investigations.
The Bill was introduced by the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy and Fair Work, Derek Mackay MSP on 5 June 2019.
- Read the Bill and accompanying documents on the Scottish Parliament website
- Read the Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee Call for Written Views
- Read the Law Society of Scotland's Written Response
- See our briefing sent to MSPs ahead of the Stage 1 debate on 23 January 2020
- Read our suggested amendments submitted at Stage 2 on 25 February 2020
- See our briefing sent to MSPs ahead of Stage 3 proceedings on 6 May 2020